Lab Testing Services
“There is no general screening test that is more efficient, effective, and affordable than a comprehensive blood chemistry panel. It allows the healthcare provider to establish a baseline of biomarkers that can be used to track the patient’s health and nutritional needs immediately and over a period of time.”
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian, PhD, DHSc, DC, MS, MMSc, FACN
- Standard Blood Tests can be ordered as bundled panels or for individual biomarkers. All tests are offered at cost and prepaid. Blood must be drawn at a Lab Corp location. Results can be loaded into the Blood Nutrition™ software to generate reports.
- Wheat/Gluten Reactivity & Autoimmunity
- Gluten-Associated Cross-Reactive Foods and Food Sensitivity
- Autoimmune Reactivity screen
- Intestinal Permeability (leaky gut) screen
- Blood-Brain Barrier Permeability screen (associated with leaky gut)
- Irritable Bowel/SIBO screen
- Multiple Food Immune Reactivity screen (sensitivity and autoimmunity)
- Chemical Immune Reactivity screen (toxins according to EPA)
- Pathogen-Associated Immune Reactivity screen (virus, bacteria, fungi)
- Mucosal Immune Reactivity screen (antigens compromising immune system)
*All tests are offered at cost. Blood draws must be performed at specific lab locations and shipped to be processed by Cyrex Labs. Brochures for all specialty tests are available. Ask us to email a brochure to you.
Call us for more information or schedule a Functional Medicine appointment to get started.
- Standard Urine tests are also available
Austin Quan Yin reads blood tests to determine functional health and wellness. Using an innovative, science-guided look at nutritional strengths and weaknesses, we create an individualized plan for optimum health. Individualized dietary suggestions are provided along with nutritional supplement support where needed.
What is functional health?
While Western medicine only considers how your body functions in a state of illness, functional health considers how your body functions in a state of wellness. Although a person may not be sick according to Western standards, that doesn’t mean they are functioning at the optimal levels for wellness.
- Are your organs of detoxification, ie the liver and kidneys functioning?
- Do you have normal blood sugar levels?
- Do you have any infections? Is your immune system stressed?
- Is your body making and storing iron adequately?
- Any signs associated with inflammatory processes?
- Do you have normal lipids, ie, cholesterol? Cardiovascular issues?
- Normal thyroid function?
- Any signs of adrenal stress?
- Any signs of digestive disorders?
What steps should I take to get my blood test read functionally?
Schedule an appointment. If you have current, complete blood work, we can use that to evaluate your biomarkers and create your Blood Nutrition™ Report. Unfortunately, most blood tests only have the biomarkers your doctor needs to determine if you are ill, so in most cases more information is needed. In either situation, we can order any necessary blood tests for missing biomarkers or full panels. All tests are provided at our cost. There is no markup. Start the process today so we can help you achieve your health objectives!
Diagnostic questionnaires help us determine which body systems are causing discomfort or symptoms. These questionnaires are compared to blood tests to determine an individualized treatment plan.
Systems evaluated for proper function are:
- Digestive (Stomach, Small Intestine, Colon)
- Intestinal Barrier
- Hepatic (including Liver, Gall Bladder function and detoxification support)
- Chemical Tolerance
- Sugar Metabolism
- Adrenal Function
- Electrolyte and pH Balance
- Hormone Balance (Pituitary, Thyroid, Male and Female Sex Hormones)
Neurotransmitter Assessment evaluates the function of the major neurotransmitters (Serotonin, Dopamine, Gaba, and Acetylcholine) and impacts on their function such as stress, blood sugar dysfunction, inflammation, and issues related to B12.
Brain Health Assessment
Brain Health Assessment evaluates how well your brain functions. Do you have trouble with focus, recall, and memory? Any issues related to brain endurance such as fatigue? Any signs of neurodegeneration? Inflammation? Blood flow issues? How does stress affect your mental function?